Monday, May 28, 2007

My prayer corner

Here is a pic of my first prayer corner. The framed picture is one of my favorite drawings...Jesus holding a lamb close to Himself, with the nail scar on his hand visible. Underneath is the calendar my church gave me with Scripture readings and fasting rules for each day. On the table is my Bible and Divine Hours prayer book. There is also a candle that I already had and a vase of roses which I cut from this bush in my yard this morning.

Later I will add some icons and a vigil lamp or beeswax candles (I love the smell).

3 comments:

DebD said...

very lovely.

Dixie said...

Hi Nancy, I just found your blog a week or so ago. Very nice prayer corner and wonderful news to hear of your entry into the catechumate.

When you get around to ordering beeswax candles I highly recommend the good sisters at Sts. Mary and Martha Monastery. They have a nice variety.

Anonymous said...

I used to have a lot of ikons - Our Lord, the Theotokos and various saints - since I had to rearrange I've only had the Theotokos, it makes me feel very close to both of Them.